Cerame-Unie Aisbl (CU) is the European Ceramic Industry Association. Based in Brussels since 1962, it is the voice of the European ceramic industry to the EU institutions. The European ceramic industry accounts for a total annual turnover of €28 billion and generates over 200,000 direct jobs. At EU level, the industry is involved in policy debates in the fields of environment & health, energy & climate change, construction, international trade, internal market and research & innovation. For more information on Cerame-Unie and the European ceramic industry, please consult our website: www.cerameunie.eu.
Duties will include (non-exhaustive):
- Informing, monitoring, analysing and reporting on EU issues in the field of environment, chemicals legislation and research; Managing WGs related to environment & health;
- Developing and implementing the CU strategies in this field;
- Providing daily support to CU members;
- Managing a network of contacts and representing CU in the relevant institutions, organisations and platforms in relation to the above mentioned fields;
- Managing two of the ten sectors (refractory and technical ceramics) represented by Cerame-Unie and one World Forum, liaising with national and direct members in these sectors;
- Coordinating and leading several Executive Committee, General Assembly and Annual Congress (in different European countries);
- Contributing to horizontal tasks within a small team.
Qualifications & Experience:
- University degree (Degree in science or engineering is a plus);
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in the EU Environmental policy field (EU institutions, corporate, industry, trade association ...).
- Strong analytical skills in relevant areas;
- Excellent written and oral skills in English, other languages are a plus;
- Ability to present information in a clear, concise and accessible way;
- Strong communication skills and a diplomatic manner;
- A dynamic personality, flexible, capable of working in a small team, well organised and interested in the work of a trade association in an international environment;
- PC literate.
A permanent contract with a competitive salary and benefits package.
This full-time position is available starting from the 1st of March 2017.
If interested, please send your CV and motivation letter to Ms Nicole Le Poupon (firstname.lastname@example.org) at the latest on 8 February. Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.