Cerame-Unie Aisbl (CU) is the European Ceramic Industry Association. Based in Brussels since 1962, it is the voice of the European ceramic industry to the EU institutions. The European ceramic industry accounts for a total annual turnover of €30 billion and generates over 200,000 direct jobs. At the EU level, the industry is involved in policy debates in the fields of environment and health, energy & climate change, construction, international trade, internal market, and research and innovation. The intern will gain practical knowledge and better understanding of EU institutions and international processes while carrying out related tasks.
- Support to the whole team in regulatory activities in the fields of trade (e.g. FTA’s, market access, trade defence, and trade barriers)
- Statistical extraction, collection, and analysis of industry and trade data
- Support in communication activities (e.g. writing of newsletter articles, reports)
- Support in event organisation and promotion
- Participation at external events and meetings
- Educational background in international relations, political science, economics, or law
- Very good command of written and spoken English, German language an asset
- Ability to work in a team as well as autonomously
- Good knowledge of Windows and Microsoft tools including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
The position is paid and available, starting 4 September 2018, for a period of 6 months. If interested, please send your CV and motivation letter to Ms Aurore De Schrevel (DeSchrevel@cerameunie.eu), at the latest, on 15 July. Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.