ADMINISTRATIVE, events & COMMUNICATIONS internship
Cerame-Unie Aisbl (CU) is the European Ceramic Industry Association. Based in Brussels since 1962, it is the voice of the European Ceramic Industry to the EU institutions. The European Ceramic Industry accounts for a total annual turnover of €26 billion and generates over 200,000 direct jobs. At the EU level, the industry is involved in policy debates in the fields of environment, health & safety, energy & climate change, construction & sustainability, international trade, internal market, skills, and research & innovation.
The intern will gain practical knowledge and a better understanding of the administrative tasks inherent to a European trade union, in particular associated to the planning and logistical organisation of meetings & events, as well as develop communication skills in the context of European affairs related to the numerous policy fields relevant and paramount for the Ceramic Industry:
- Assistance in coordinating, writing, compiling information, editing, lay outing and distributing, all sectoral and CU publications (brochures, newsletters, flyers, etc.);
- Updating CU and sectoral Websites;
- Contributing to further develop communication strategies, tools, and activities;
- Developing communication tools for CU and sectoral events/congresses in Brussels and abroad;
- Updating, preparing, and launching social media campaigns (LinkedIn, YouTube, Twitter, etc.)
- Assistance with all aspects related to the planning and logistical organisation of meetings, webinars, working groups, congresses, and events;
- Assistance to CU Members, managing phone calls, welcoming guests, preparing meeting room & documentation;
- Support in the management of the CU contact database (CRM);
- Administrative support to the CU team, including drafting minutes of meetings.
- Near-native English and very good command of written and spoken French is a plus;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team spirit;
- Ability to work autonomously and to take initiative;
- Detail oriented and ability to meet challenging deadlines;
- Organised and efficient;
- Good knowledge of Windows and Microsoft tools, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word;
- Experience with online meeting/webinar platforms (Microsoft Teams, ZOOM, Webex, etc.), online communication softwares, websites platforms and social media (LinkedIn, YouTube, Twitter), is a plus;
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite;
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and in a small team.
The position is remunerated and available for 6 months with a preferred start on July 2022. If interested, please send your CV and Motivation Letter indicating this reference: “Administrative, Events & Communication Internship” to Ms. Inês Ferrão (firstname.lastname@example.org) before Wednesday 15 June 2022 EOB.
Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.